We have some exciting news in regards to how you receive your spam (aka Junk Email)!
**NOTE: This announcement only applies to people who currently receive outside email. Please disregard if you do not have the ability to receive outside email at this time.
Currently you are receiving your spam via something called a email digest--it is an email that lists all the email that was caught in our filter. The digest is sent out every 8 hours (at 12 AM/PM, 8 AM/PM and 4 AM/PM). If there is an e-mail that is marked as spam, it will arrive to Proofpoint Essentials (where you can access at spam.rmh-newyork.org).
We realize that this can cause inconveniences if you are waiting for a time-sensitive email that is accidentally marked as spam. Logging into the web interface and checking every x minutes can be cumbersome. Beginning on April 21, spam email will be delivered to the JUNK EMAIL folder in your email account. This folder can be located on your Outlook (both desktop and on the web) as well as on your phone (varies depending on the model of phone you utilize but it is similar to how you access your sent email).
Spam will be stored in the JUNK EMAIL folder for approximately 14 days after delivery. After 14 days, the spam email will be removed from the email folder. If you encounter an email that is not spam, please move it to your inbox before replying or forwarding the email. It is not a storage folder and no emails should be stored in this folder.
Some additional notes about this change:
- You may still access spam.rmh-newyork.org to access your spam e-mail.
- Digests will continue to be sent out in addition to the changes above.
- You can still release spam from these digests.
- To whitelist an address, please login into spam.rmh-newyork.org and whitelist the email address there. Whitelisting in Outlook/OWA will not affect how the spam filter works.
- We still encourage you to login to spam.rmh-newyork.org. If the email server is down for any length of time, this is where you can send and receive email as well as adjust your spam filters.
If you have any questions, please let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.