With Google Password Manager, you can...
- Add Passwords from your Chrome Browser
- Autofill Passwords at the Site
- Store and Retrieve Your Complex Passwords
This can be done with your Ronald McDonald House profile (FName@rmh-newyork.org). We suggest using this password manager to help you remember your complex work-related passwords.
- Before you begin, please make sure your Google Chrome Browser is signed in by checking to see if your name and e-mail account is shown in the section next to the options area as shown below:
If not, please refer to this article here or reach out to support for further assistance.
Adding a Password
To add a password, type in your username and password when visiting a website. When entering the site, Chrome should prompt you to add your password (as shown below). Click Save to add your password to Google Password Manager. The next time you visit the site, the password should be auto-filled.
Retrieving a Password
When using your Chrome browser, the browser should automatically fill the username and password for you when you visit the corresponding website. However, you can also visit https://passwords.google.com (from any internet-connected device) to retrieve your password by following the steps below:
- Login into https://passwords.google.com and see a list of credentials like shown below.
- Select the website associated with the password you want to retrieve (in this case rmhcradar.org).
- Once you have selected the website, you should see your username and starred out (hidden) password like below. Click on the eye to reveal the actual password or the paper next to the eye to copy the password.
Removing a Password
Follow the instructions for Retrieving a Password above. When you find the credentials, please select the delete button to remove the password.
If you have any further questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!